One area frequently overlooked, not thought about, or not considered as in depth as it should be, is the driveway. It is easy to overlook the driveway when one is making the hundreds of decisions about a new home. Yet the driveway is the ultimate welcome mat to a home. It gives an immediate impression of the home and the homeowners and it will bear the brunt of significant wear.
A concrete driveway is a symbol of quality. It is a great investment. A concrete driveway should last a home owner at least 30 years, while other paving options frequently will need to be replaced every ten years. By the time one factors in how much longer a concrete driveway lasts and how little maintenance it requires, a concrete driveway is not only cost competitive, it is clearly the better bargain.
Benefits of a concrete driveway
- When you compare the initial costs, maintenance costs and replacement costs for the life of a concrete versus an asphalt driveway, you’ll find a concrete driveway is your better investment. Concrete’s first costs are more competitive with new designs and economies in the construction of concrete.
- The pride you have in your home is reflected in the clean, attractive appearances of a concrete driveway. The investment you make today will last for years to come. A concrete driveway is the right approach to your home.
- The non-skid surface and light color are safety features of concrete. Light is reflected in the evening for your family’s safety.
- Your concrete driveway doesn’t need resealing or periodic resurfacing. And, concrete is easier to clean. Snow removal is faster and easier too.
- The expected life of a concrete driveway is more than twice that of asphalt! You won’t have bumps or potholes because concrete is more resistant to weather. And, concrete never gets sticky or tacky.